Friday 20 February 2009

Twitter Twit

A couple of my friends recently did a shout out asking if anyone was on Twitter. I knew a bit about Twitter, but had never really looked into it. A couple of days ago I thought I would have a look. I’m now twittering with everyone else!

For those of you who don’t know, Twitter is a sort of mass text messaging social network. You ‘follow’ someone’s updates and they and/or others follow you. It’s one of these silly-but-fun web 2.0 things.

I think the most fun thing about Twitter is that some of the geekier celebrities Twitter. So you can follow them and what they are doing. As I said silly-but-fun. Amongst some of the more frequent twitter-ers is Stephen Fry (http://twitter.com/stephenfry). He twitters three or four times per day. It’s kind of fun to know what he’s up to and comment about it.

So, go on, give it a go. I won’t say who else is on there for following, you can find out easily enough, and that is part of the fun, I think.

No comments: