Thursday 11 January 2007

London Bloody Transport

How difficult is it to ensure that a commuter train is running? It's the busiest time of the day, and yet, this morning I was late for work because "The 08:07 train to London Bridge has been cancelled due to a lack of carriages."
What?!?!
If I went and asked Southern Trains why this is, they will say that due to vandalism they are short on carriages. I accept that some carriages get vandalised so badly that they need to be taken out of commission. However, I also feel that during the busiest time of the day, they should at least make an effort to field enough trains for commuters. We in the UK pay the highest prices per mile to travel compared with anywhere in Europe. Is it unreasonable for me to expect my money to go towards ensuring I can make it to work on time?

No comments: